Roasted Tomato Soup - Everyday Food with Sarah Carey
Homemade Roasted Tomato Soup
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
Yields:4 servings | Serving Size 1 1/2 cups | Calories: 117 | Total Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 281mg | Carbohydrates: 19g | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 17g | Protein: 3g |
- 10 Roma tomatoes, cut into quarters
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup dark balsamic vinegar
- 2 cup vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, sliced into thin strips
- Parmesan cheese, optional (recipe follows)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil and spread the tomatoes in an even layer. Sprinkle with olive oil, salt, pepper, and vinegar. Roast for about 30 to 35 minutes or just until the tomatoes begin to char a little.
- Transfer the roasted tomatoes to a blender in small batches and blend until smooth. Add water as needed to the tomatoes if the mixture is too thick to blend. Pour the blended tomatoes into a large soup pot.
- On medium low heat, add the vegetable broth, milk, and honey to the blended tomatoes in the soup pot. Stirring often, bring the mixture to a simmer. Simmer for 10 minutes. Ladle into serving bowls and sprinkle basil on top.
- If desired, sprinkle with a tablespoon of parmesan cheese.
Video: Homemade Roasted Tomato Soup w/ Grilled Cheese Sticks
9 Real Reasons Your Doctors Running Late
How to Apply Blush According to Your Face Shape
How to Write a Good Summary for a Book Report
30 High And Tight Haircuts For Men
The Best Travel Crib for Babies. (Or, The One I WISH We Had)
The store will be open through January
How to Do Emotional Clearing
We Cant Handle How Cool Jane Birkin Looks in Converse Trainers
How to Plan a Beach Vacation to Mexico
12 Best Blue Mascaras
Turbocharge Your Workout With These PT-Approved Tips
How to Get a Secured Loan on Crops