How to Write a Strong First Chapter
How to Start a Good Story
So you want to start the beginning of a good story? It's a very good activity to get involved in. As you should know, there are different genres to a story, such as action, drama, comedy, brain teasers, romance, fantasy, and biographies. You can make your own world by starting a story, rich with detail and just as good as this world. This is what you will need to know to do so.
Starting Your Own Story
Be familiar with your punctuations and writing format.It would be a good idea to start a rough draft to begin with so you can get all your ideas scribbled down so none of your ideas slip away from you. That will help with your organization when you start to write.
Get a notebook or journal.Write down what your inspirations are and keep a journal of your thoughts. It will help you get to where you are used to writing all the time.
Find out what genre of writing you like.This will help you decide what you want to do your story on. Whether it's action, drama, romance, fantasy, biographies, or nonfiction, I'm sure you will find the right genre for you.
Keep your journal and a pencil with you.Something happens or you think of something that could play a part in your story but you can't write it down. This is why you should carry a journal and pencil with you. That will help you get more material for the start of your story when you begin to write it.
Know your characters.Every story needs a plot and characters as well as the main character. This is where your imagination plays a part. You need structure after you do your rough draft and creating your characters in the beginning will let you know what direction to go in.
It's always best not to try too hard.Let the story write itself. If you start to stress over it, walk away and cool off. If you write when you're stuck or upset, it could vary the outcome. Don't get me wrong; some good stories are written with varied emotions but when you first start your story, you want to play it out easy and gradually alter the emotion.
Play your story inside your head.Play it like a movie so you can visualize the detail so when you begin to start your story you can describe the detail like you saw it in your head.
Gather all of your ideas and drafts.Get your inspirations, creativity, imaginations and scribbled on journal paper and begin to write. Let the words go where they go, remember you can always go back and change it; it's not set in stone, so don't be afraid to take risks. After you start your story and put all your ideas in story format, read it!! After you have conquered the beginning of your story you can add on to it. After you get the hang of that, try to put a little more structure and thought into your story through the rest of it.
QuestionIs it OK if my story has the same location as another story?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerYes, as long as you don’t use the same characters or plot. This is plagiarism, and you can get in trouble with the law for it.Thanks!
QuestionHow do I not lose track of the direction of my story? I'll start off real strong, but then I'll just lose track of what I'm writing and eventually give up.wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerThe most important thing you must keep in mind is that you should not lose your inspiration. Otherwise, your story would be completely plain in your reader's eyes. It might also help if you write an outline of your story before you begin actually writing it.Thanks!
QuestionWhat are the best opening sentences for a story?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerAre you looking for examples of good opening sentences from literature? Here are a few. From Invisible Man: "I am an invisible man."; from The Voyage of the Dawn Treader: "There was a boy called Eustace Clarence Scrubb, and he almost deserved it."; and from Pride and Prejudice: "It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife."Thanks!
QuestionHow can you make sure you're not stealing someones idea?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerMany stories take inspiration from others. Just make sure that your own story doesn't copy another's idea for idea. If you have trouble finding an idea, you can take inspiration from a story you like and make a highly altered version.Thanks!
How do I start a romance story?
How you make compelling characters that connect in the story
- Take pride in your work, don't be ashamed of it. That could lead you to doubt your writing ability.
- After writing for a long time, develop your own style. Make it your very own.
- Read a variety of books to pick up on different writing techniques. That could help you figure out the different points of view for narrating. First person ("I"), second person ("you"), and the third person ("he" or "she").
- Talk with anyone that has experience in writing stories; this will help widen your understanding about it.
- Listen to inspiring music during, before, or after you write. Whichever one suits you best.
- Always write what you feel. Remember, if you don't like it when you revise it, you can always change it.
- Consider keeping a series bible, which contains all of your ideas and main points. That way, everything will be in one place, and you can refer to it if you get lost or can't remember something.
- Once you revise the beginning of your story, don't brag about it. Things can sound good to you but sometimes other people don't see it like that.
- Don't start a story on a topic you don't believe in or a topic that you don't know much about. This will only bring you to lose passion for the story and it won't get finished.
- Be aware of writer's block. It makes you unable to come up with writing material. Don't get frustrated, it makes it worse. Simply take a walk or listen to inspiring music before you start again.
- Never plagiarize! This will end only with you cheating yourself and taking credit for something you didn't write.
Video: Story Beginnings: 12 Tips to Help You
How to Discipline Cats
Think Twice Before Buying Erectile Dysfunction Drugs Online: This Man’s Vision Turned Red
Xenia Deli for Beach Bunny Swimwear 2012 Collection
5 Myths About Stress You Need To Stop Believing
Can Certain Foods Increase My Metabolism
The Item I Wear to Death: My White Slip-On Keds
Dallas Texas for Lesbians - A Lesbian Visitors Guide to Dallas Texas
Princess Diana is officially the most powerful royal fashion influencer’
Masturbation After Miscarriage: 14 Women Share Their Stories
How to Play Game Boy Advance Games on an Android Tablet
7. Im still not a morning person
5 Appendicitis Symptoms That Signal You Need a Doctor ASAP
Are These Pants the New Status Symbol
Swift sharing her politics led to a spike in voter registration
Nine Insanely Tasty Ways to Replace High-Calorie Carbs with Veggies